Scott Dorsey

In article .com,
Josh wrote:
I love the isolation and clarity of a studio recording, but the energy
and feeling of a live one. How can I get the energy and vibe of a live
sound in a studio mix? This is for a hard rock band.

Put everyone together in a big room and have them play together. You
may need to sacrifice some isolation, and you may need to compromise
and retrack some things (especially vocals) but the point is that by
playing together you maintain the groove where the performers can work
together and riff off of each other.