Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default ATR-102

I really want a nice reel-to-reel deck for playback only. While I have
Tascam 32 that is not bad, it's not a great machine. Some time ago, I
inquired about a rebuilt ATR-102 from ATR Services. They replied that
the "archival" version is $15,300. What? Is there something different
about the archival version? The last I heard they were just under $10,000.

It looks like I need to strongly consider an MCI machine from Mara.
While it's not an ATR-102, it has to be better than the Scully 280-B
that most of these tapes were recorded on.

Anybody here and in the US have a nice reel-to-reel for sale?