Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:04:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".

If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.

I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright deleting it.

Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

Hmm, (checking) Looks like Loudness Wars remains a viable topic there.

I was listening to my four Strawbs LPs recently. Yes, vinyl from the 70's. Loudness? No, but they had other physical issues, like trying to keep the stylus from literally jumping out of the groove.

At least one of the four LP was quite limited by today's standards. There wasn't a particularly massive amount of audible artifacts, however, the music had no "pop."

I haven't had time or inclination to push some of it into my workstation to look at the waveforms, but it was mostly uninteresting, unattractive and un compelling.

Mike or Geoff, why is there always someone here with a bug up their ass and bad breath who hides behind their screen? Is it the same malcontent changing his/her screen name or do different psychotics float through periodically. It's truly sad that some people are so broken that their entertainment and sense of self is left to smearing **** on the walls in an effort to drag others down to their level of misery.

From a holistic perspective, that sort of inflammation usually leads to cancer and is usually the result of familial abuse during childhood. As a result, I'm always saddened to see it. Some become so entrained by it that they can't stop because it's the only thing they know. Breaking through that crust is seldom easy, but well worth it