Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bates Bates is offline

Default Best mp3 player sound with Grados

On Nov 26, 6:40 pm, Rich wrote:
Hello. I know very little about these players, I don't want to buy,
sell, audition a box full of them. I would like to ask (since this
group most likely knows this) which player (I don't care about video)
has the best quality sound and can it drive Grado's, say 80s without
an additional amp?
Thanks very much for your help here.

Rich,

I have a pair of SR80s which sound great from my computer or from my
receiver at home but my iPod (Classic) only sounds okay with them.
The iPod will drive them but they lack the oomph they normally have.
Since the SR80s were a bit big anyhow for with my iPod I went back to
my old yet in my opinion still very good Koss Portapros (this is one
case where Koss seemed to get it right). I still prefer my SR80s when
listening to a bigger system but the Portapros are a good bet for the
iPod.

Bates....