Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Question: Is "128" Totally Irrelevant As A Bitrate?

"geoff" wrote in message
But 128kbps and cassette - I'd take the cassette any day.

As I said you're welcome to it! I used R2R when everyone else was using
cassette, and I still don't find 128kbs as objectionable as cassette, even
though I don't see a need for 128kbs either!
I still fail to see the point of your discusson however, are we going to
discuss whether steel or bamboo needles are better next, or pehaps the
benefits of lateral Vs vertical groove modulation? :-) How about 8" floppy
disks Vs 5.25" or 3.5" ones :-) :-)

Trevor.