Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Question: Is "128" Totally Irrelevant As A Bitrate?

On Nov 10, 3:20*pm, "Trevor" wrote:
"Peter Larsen" wrote in message

k...

it is about clarity, bass tightness even, listen for the canvas, the small
details in the room, that said I'll re-iterate that acceptable - defined
as better than compact casette - starts at 192 kbit/s, in that we fully
agree.

Frankly I see no reason for less than 256kbs these days, but I sure as hell
think 128kbs was better than compact cassette at least.

Trevor.

Then again, most cassette I've listened to does not sound like the
Beatles' voices through the rotating Leslie speaker in a Hammond organ.