Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default stand alone cd burner?

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
Looking back at recent history, the people who promoted PCs and the
Internet have been able to grant themselves amazing freedom from legal
constaints, such as the ability to do retail sales without collection
state sales tax.

Not really. Interstate sales (via telephone, snail-mail, etc.)
were not subject to state sales tax either. The internet did
nothing to change that except add a new form of contact.
The tax-n-spend politicians were the ones pushing for an
"internet tax" just because it was a new source of draining
more revenue from the populous, not because they were
actually adding any value to society.

What you refer to as "amazing freedoms" were called
"inalienable rights" in the Constitution. I think we have
a serious problem remembering what that means these
days.