Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Anyone ever buy "B Stock" equip and later regret it?

wrote...
I've found some good prices on ebay for stereo receivers I'm
considering, but they're "b stock."

The seller promises a 1 year warranty (not as long as manufacturer's),
promises they're in great condition, and the price, if they turned out
to be lemons, wouldn't exactly destroy me. Still, I'm nervous.
Anyone have strong opinions on whether such purchase would be safe?

I buy B-stock (or "remanufactured") equipment whenever
available. My experience is that you get equivalent function,
etc. to new, but at a good discounted price. I am referring to
professional equipment (both audio and video) however, not
consumer entertainment stuff.

HOWEVER! I am very selective in who I buy B-stock from,
and I expect the manufacturer's NEW WARRANTY since it
should be from an authorized dealer. If they aren't offering the
mfg's new warranty, then I smell a rat and the equipment is not
"B-stock" as I understand the definition. I would share you
reluctance to trust a vendor with the conditions as you have
stated them. I would also not expect to buy true "B-stock"
equipment on eBay, at least IME.