Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default polk 6x9

John Durbin wrote:

I really do recommend you guys pick up a book or two on loudspeakers...
your understanding & enjoyment of this hobby of car audio will only get
better when you appreciate more of the science of acoustics & how
drivers work and interact etc.

Thanks, I have several such books from my training as an audio engineer.
20 years in studio and live sound reinforcement and I have never,
ever, not ever seen an oval driver used in professional systems. Aside
from esoteric things like electrostatic and ribbon drivers, I have never
seen any other form of non-round driver that made it beyond a single
model line (there have been the odd attempts at introducing square
drivers in studio monitors, but they've always vanished rather quickly).

If the music you're listening to isn't being created on round speakers,
I'd like to know how it's supposed to be so much better played back on
non-round speakers.