Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,sci.physics
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default How can I tell music has been an MP3? Quantitative Measurement of Fidelity

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:13:28 -0400, Keith G wrote
(in article ):

"Colin B." wrote

I'd suggest that this isn't a recent phenomenon. I've got plenty of
pop
vinyl from the 1970s and 1980s that has roughly no dynamics.

Yep, you bought it so *they* kept on supplying it - same thing's
happening today, apparently. Where's the problem?

Making crap
sound louder on the radio at the complete expense of quality is
decades old.

Compressed audio like 'Classic FM' on a car radio works very well,
actually....

Not so well when they play MP3 versus CD cuts. Locally, the oldies station
WZBA has enough crunch on their MP3s that I can't really crank a CCR tune as
loud as I want in the car because the distortion stops me. That's just a buzz
kill. (could be another problem in their audio chain, but I don't think so.)

Regards,

Ty Forf

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU