Michael McKelvy

Default Observation.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Marc Phillips" wrote in message

[snip]

I didn't fail as a designer, only as a marketer. The design was/is good.
The speakers sounded good and nobody ever returned a pair.

Perhaps your failure to get myself and others to participate in your

slander
had something to do with the fact the place seems to you to have
deteriorated. I can see how from your perspective, not having as much
spotlight to abuse and defame people might make it seem like the place

has
gone to hell. I would say that the main difference here and now is that
the political discussions are a bit more polite than the audio ones.

Maybe you just need a bigger chair for your ego.

Mike, I can't recall I ever had an argument with you.
But regardless of the emnity and/or other faults of others on this group,
they are right when they say that politics does not belong here.

Neither do the personal attacks that Boon, Middius, Singh, and others seem
to relish.

My kudos to you for having manufactured and sold some loudspeakers. It

shows
how precious you consider good audio, and your commitment to further it.
Please consider: for all its myriad faults, rec.audio.opinion is unique.

It
has a specific purpose, even if that purpose is poorly served.

When audio was the main topic of discussion here, it always deteriorated
into flame wars, primarily over ABX.

There have always been a few personalities that couldn't bear the fact that
it might be possible that much of what they thought they knew about audio
was probably wrong. The responses by these people, escalated the vitriol
level, until there was not much point in discussing audio.

At least when the political discussion are going on, ideas are being
discussed.

Help us out here, take it to one of the many other newsgroups that welcome
these discussions.

Why don't you help us out and simply confine your discussions to audio and
do so in a cordial, non confrontational manner. If there are those who
comments you find offensive, or off topic, don't read them.

Lead by example.

Even if some of the other nuts continue to beat the drum, you'll have the
satisfaction of knowing you did the right thing.

All the best,
Bob Morein

I always have that satisfaction. Even if people disagree with my ideas,
which I'm quite used to, I don't voice them for the purpose of trying to
make others feel small or less intelligent. I don't think there are many
others here who can say the same.

You won't find very many of the current off topic threads started by me.
If I choose to participate, I do so because they are more interesting than
what's being discussed elsewhere.

This is Usenet, nothing that goes on here has a whole lot of meaning in real
life. It's a passtime, nothing more.