Daniel Snooks

Default Sub help

Automan wrote
I have the baslink installed right now, but i still have a choice to take

it
back and get a handbuild "box" with a nice powerful amp and twin 12" of my
choice, either a pair of Rockford Fosgate P212s4 or a more expensive

choice
of a pair JBL P1220E.

I have a Volvo V90 (final model of the 965) stationwagon.
The bass right now with the baslink is ok... sounds good, but im wondering
if i will feel that way in a couple of moths, will i regrett that i didnt
make the trade to a big "box" with good amp and nice twin 12" ?

Im probably going to change my speakers in the doors that are Volvos top
model for something alot better soon, but for now is should i pay over

1000$
for a sub, or be satisfied with the baslink that cost me around 400$... i
really like powerful bass, power with a soft edge on it, but i dont care

if
other hear my sub outside the car, the most important thing is the quality
of the music experience. I rather play highest quality to my self inside

the
car, and dont care if it sonds anything outside at all.

Seems to me that you really want to go with the pair of 12s. If you have the
$, do it. Regret sucks.

Like i said, i listen to koto,zz top, yello, queen, dire straits etc, the
space it takes doesn't make much difference to me, ju want to have the

best
powerfull quality hifi experience.
Like with my home cinema, i have that sub set for a little extra bass for
the better feeling of being there.

Im sattisfied with the baslink, but sometimes i wonder if i would want

more
then this baslink can deliver :/ it's really good and dont take up much
space, but is it good enough for me i wonder... hmm

I have the space for a biiiig sub

I maybe willing to spend those extra $ if i feel that it will be worth it,
if it's that much difference in the feeling, the experience when listening
to my favorite soundtrack ?

The difference should be quite spectacular (assuming a proper install of the
pair of 12s)
Also, have you considered a single 12"? This would save a bit of space, but
you could get similar results.