Roger W. Norman

Default Behringer vs. Peavey mixers

Don't buy for one application and expect it to do the other application
well, IMHE. I've got two live mixers and one studio console. The Crest
works fine in live work and can pass for a sidecar to my Soundtracs if
needed, but the Crest is not a recording console. It's not built that way.
You can get some damned fine recordings out of it, but you're not going to
get to monitor the playback without some patch panel changes, which is a no
no if you're working with a group in a studio that wants to continue with
their work rather than wait for you to re-patch everything.

So look at the type of work you do most and buy according to THAT
requirement. Hopefully it will earn you the money to buy that console for
the studio.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Jerry" wrote in message
Live audio and studio with recording.

"George Gleason" wrote in message

"Jerry" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer Eurorack MX2642A

and/or
the Peavey Unity 2002-12RQ mixers? Basically which of the two would

you
prefer and why? Any input greatly appreciated.

Jerry

for what application?
george