Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise

On 8/29/2018 2:30 PM, PStamler wrote:
It sound like your problem is not RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) but EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) Another mic with a hum-bucking coil is the Electro-Voice RE15/RE16 (same basic capsule, but the 16 has a pop filter and a slightly brighter sound). But small transformerless condensers (like Oktava MK012s) will ignore the noise too -- why exactly do you prefer to use dynamics in this situation?

Peace,
Paul Stamler

I'll take the RE15 and RE18 to test. I don't have an RE16.

The recording is for spoken voice in a room with terrible acoustics.
Dynamic mics are more forgiving, in my experience. Having said that, I'm
going to try to Beta 87As just for fun.