Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default Microphones

On 20/04/2015 2:51 p.m., wrote:
I play the sax and would love to have a mic with a boost switch that I can press when I take a solo. This could simply be a 10 db pad in the normal case which is removed when the switch is pressed. Just a few resistors and a switch. Does anyone make such a device? It could even be built into an xlr shell.

Bob

More like a switchable pad with an in-out switch...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=switchable+balanced+pad+xlr

HOSA do a switched oneone.

But do you have a friendly sound-man, or is your mix preset ?

Or you could play more subtly in the non-solo bits maybe ? Unless you
wanna be like Springsteen's ex, and go full-blast 100% of the time (well
the times I've noticed at least).

geoff