Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

Default Looking for links and order info for PARTS

On 12/15/18 17:55, wrote:
Anyhow, there are places like Mouser, Digikey, Allied, etc. I have
looked at their websites and feel lost.... Just too much to sort thru.
Not to mention I assume places like that sell in large amounts with
large minimum orders and costly shipping.

I just want caps, resistors, and some other stuff. Ebay seems to be ok
for tubes, but far too costly for caps and restisors.

amplifiedparts.com also has a lot of stuff, mostly to support tube
guitar amplifiers. But... you can use a lot of it for radios.

RF and IF components, not sure where to get those. Someone else posted
a link for antique radio parts though. But some RF components
(inductors, transformers) may be possible to hand-wind. And the audio
components might have substitutes available through Hammond. They're
expensive though. Mouser carries a lot of Hammond stuff, too.

Most of the sites like Mouser, Digikey, etc. are geared towards modern
electronics, lots of surface mount, etc. as well as through-hole, but
you can easily get lost with their parts selectors. Maybe something
that's focused on tube gear (like amplifiedparts.com) will do what you
want, better.

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me