Posted to rec.audio.tubes
MarkS[_3_] MarkS[_3_] is offline

Default What is the 6 volt equivalant to a 35L6 or 50L6?

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:34:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I want to convert a hot chassis radio-amp to run on a power transformer.
All other tubes are 12v filament. (except rectifier, which I will change
to silicone diodes). I would assume a 6L6 would be the same, but I know
that is not the case. A 6L6 is high powered,m where a 35 or 50L6 is low
power, probably more like a 6V6. Is there any direct replacement with a
6 volt (or 12v) filament?

6W6GT is a direct equivalent exc heater voltage. However, this thing draws 1.2A at 6.3v. At tube like the aforementioned 6F6 or the 6V6 could probably be used in its place.