Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

Default Peerless Speakers

Julian Macassey wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 07:37:33 -0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
Can anyone can tell a story about Peerless in Mass. and did it have Danish
roots ?

Peerless speakers were a Danish company and had a good
reputation.

It seems things have changed:

https://www.tymphany.com/peerless/

+ Peerless was founded in Denmark in 1926. In 2000, Vifa, also
+ founded in Denmark, merged with Peerless to form Danish Sound
+ Technology (DST). In 2005, Tymphany acquired Danish Sound
+ Technology (DST) along with the original Peerless, Vifa, and
+ Scan-Speak brands, engineering, products, and technology.

I'm referring to having a plant in Leominster Mass.. There were some
interesting drivers, and also made some for Infinity. Seems like I read
more but forgot. I would have to read all back issues of Speaker Builder
mag to renew what I once knew.

Greg