Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Explanation still required for triode superiority

22/7 wrote:
Soundhaspriority wrote:
Of course. "Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

A minor correction. The saying actaully is: " Distance makes heart
grow yonder."

22/7

I think you're right, No. 22. But if you used a spelling checker your
meaning would be so much clearer: "Distance makes the heart thunder."

That we can all agree to. Long rooms, permitting greater separation of
ears and speakers, definitely do have better bass, and deep bass
increases the respiration rate; it is an ur-instinct reaction to
threat.

Hope this explains everything including the price of fish beyond Alpha
Centauri (1).

For this insight I have recommended that you be promoted to No. 21.

Andre Jute

(1) Once after lunch with a lady from our publishers, Douglas Adams and
I walked up four floors of a narrow stairwell behind her. She wore a
transparent plastic raincoat over a skintight flesh coloured body
stocking. We discussed the price of fish beyond Alpha Centauri. I swear
that's what we discussed.