Ban

Default Comments about CES Show "fixes"

B&D wrote:
On 8/1/04 5:28 AM, in article nJ2Pc.225788$XM6.168288@attbi_s53, "Ban"
wrote:

snip
Watch, you wouldn't make a good marketing guy despite the offers of
the manufacturers.

I wouldn't pass that judgment. First point is that many marketing
types (as well as most people) do exactly that when excited and
enthusiastic.

Secondly - informal prose is *not* marketing communications. If other
companies are trying to get him "on board" it is probably due to his
talents or perceived talents in the arena outside of Usenet posts.

It is tempting, and also incorrect, in forming a complete opinion of
someone's talents and capabilities from their Usenet posts. I think
if this guy has job offers or at least interested parties - who are
we to discourage him or be in any kind of position to judge his
abilites?

I judge it because I have read it. He gives his opinions on some
manufacturers marketing methods, and I give it on his abilities to convey
his opinions. I'm judging it, because I cannot understand his words. To me
it appears confused and without much relevance.
If you write in a forum like this, you must be ready to accept whatever
answer is coming. He has not answered to any thread but puts a long post of
impressions, so I also expressed my impressions.

And it is not the logic or the argumentation, but the
confusion. Jumping from one topic to the other you want to appear
informed and understanding. But it is overloaded with irrelevant
details, the few interesting informations are covered by the
overflowing amount of words, short: forget the career as a marketing
guy. Train yourself to express yourself at least in a
pseudo-scientific jargon and restrain from too many judgements.

Merketing Communications is not not NOT Usenet posting - how can you
possibly suss out this guy's abilities based upon a disjointed Usenet
post?

So you think we are able to distinguish and change our writing style? Maybe
the effort to eliminate spelling errors or presentation is not that much,
but I think if someone cannot make clear what he wanted to express in
Usenet, he will neither accomplish it in marketing. His OP seems to give a
hint about such offer.

To make out that the
audio business is a gentlemen's business with unspoken rules of
behavior and secrecy is ridiculous except in the mind of inventive
conspiracy theorists.

This sentence is an example of how *not* to say something.

What is the "correct" way? I think he sums it up rather nicely.

I do not know, was he referring to anybody or is it a general statement? He
talkes like an Italian would do, a colourful language overly filled with
deep-sounding words, a roundabout.

(self censored)
I erased this part, because it wouldn't have passed the moderators. :-(

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy