Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matt Faunce Matt Faunce is offline

Default Why No Gain Control on Adcom Amp?

geoff wrote:
On 5/06/2018 8:00 PM, Matt Faunce wrote:
geoff wrote:

If I remember correctly, the Adcom caused hissing even when nothing was
plugged into its input. Tomorrow I'll hook it up again and check that.

Could be faulty then ...

geoff

OK. I was wrong about the hiss (or rather a sh sound) being there without
an input source. Without a source it is dead quiet. The source of the hiss
was my computer, and, I did have to have my ear within 12" of the tweeter
to notice it. I hooked my microphones-micpre-reverb
unit-recorder-Adcom-speakers, and it was much much quieter.

(That chain in my setup was as long as it was only for convenience.)

My apologies to everyone for the misinformation--especially to Adcom.

--
Matt