Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400

"Bob Howes" wrote in
message
"Phildo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
Indeed. Arny is CORRECT that many mixers don't have
PFL. Just check out the
Behringer offerings since Phildo's so keen on the
brand.

They have overload lights which is a form of PFL
metering.

Actually, many Berhinger mixers lack overload lights,
as well.

Still doesn't make up 95% of mixing desks out there
Arnold.
This manual describes what is arguably Behringer's
largest-selling line of mixers.

http://www.behringerdownload.de/XENY..._ENG_Rev_A.pdf

Oh look , the dimwit knows how to look up a website.

This manual shows that as usual, Phildo is talking
trash. None of the stereo channels have clip lights.
Only the mono channels have clip lights.

So they do actually have clip lights, just not on all
the channels so they do in fact have some form of PFL
metering. Skirt round the issue all you like Arnold, you claimed
that 95% of mixing desks did not have PFL metering. Now
admit you were wrong, apologise and move on like your
lord tells you that you should do. Phildo

It's worth pointing out that the Behringer Xenyx range is
aimed mainly at the home studio market, hence the USB
audio interface for recording on a PC.

In fact the USB interface is an optional, external feature for most if not
all of the Xenix models.

Clearly, some
people are using the mixers live, but that's not what it
was designed for and explains a lot about the feature set
Behringer included.

I'm still looking for a lucid explanation of what makes a general-purpose
mixing console suitable for recording and unsuitable for live sound. I've
been told by a local live sound eggspurt that Yamaha's 02R96 is not suitable
for live sound, I eventually found out that he arrived at this opinion after
he attempted to demonstrate one at a local venue, and failed to coax
anything out of its main outputs. I guess he knows more about digital
consoles than Yamaha, who describe the 02R96 as being suitable for doing
live sound.