Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default I Built and Used My First Incandescent Bulb Current-Limiter

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 03:06:38 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Don Pearce Pomy Bull**** Artist puked:

===================================

Because the initial 1 second flash only happened with a
linear power supply guitar amp, and did not happen with
my switched-mode guitar amp. With the latter, the bulb
never glowed noticeably, even at turn-on.

You will find that the bulb has a rather finite lifetime.

** ROTFLMAO - how ****ing ABSURD !!

Instead use the part designed for the job,

** How do you spell * misconstrue *" ????

The Don Pearce retard needs to know so he can look it up.....

a negative temperature coefficient
(NTC) thermistor. Any switched mode power supply is most likely to
already have one fitted, which is why your bulb seems to do nothing.

** Wot utter GARBAGE !!!!

Don the Nong has less that ZERO idea of what he is speaking about.

...... Phil

You are insulting a man who has designed switched mode power supplies,
and has included NTC thermistors for the purpose of limiting switch-on
inrush current. These thermistors are normally specified by customers
who have inrush current as part of their specification.

Have a read of an application note from TDK.

https://product.tdk.com/info/en/prod...c-limiter.html