Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Will home recording kill commercial studios?

On 09/12/2020 10:10, Don Pearce wrote:

Nice sounding is very much out of style right now. Human voices are
required to resemble fog horns - I've even noticed kids trying to
create the sound of pathological autotune in their normal singing
voices. As for nice sounding rooms to record acoustic instruments, do
they really want that? Most of the instrumental stuff is going to live
in synths, and the room acoustic will come later. The more aware will
use impulse responses but most will be happy with synthetic reverb.

Nice acoustic spaces will be increasingly niche.

There are a lot of choirs and small orchestras in this area, and last
time I was involved, they were all moaning about not being able to find
s decent room to rehearse and record in. It also has room to seat an
audience of up to a couple of hundred subject to getting a licence.

Either way, I'll have no debts and a secure, if small, income, so can
just about afford to run it as a hobby.

We'll see.

--
Tciao for Now!