Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Adversity inspires genius ?

polymod wrote

=============
"Phil Allison"

lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this
year.

While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from
most.

Watch the finished product first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Then hear the tech details from the bass player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k

Nothing was simple about how they did it.

The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?

I really dug that. Bass player has the "growl" down. Marvelous!
As a keyboardist that still uses all the classics, I would have liked the
keyboard parts much better if they were more authentic. Close....but no
cigar!
Other than that they smoked the sh*t out of this!

** Found another Yes cover from 6 years ago: "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

Same geeky gang, this time all squeezed into some basement with no "social distancing" in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwxsG9r_v8

Much intrigued by the gal singer (Ann Marie) perched precariously on top of a small instrument amp, legs crossed and reading the lyrics from her smart phone - while totally nailing it.

Listen on headphones if possible, the bass is terrific.

..... Phil