Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

NONONONONONONO

Did I mention NO?

You are making this WAYYYyyyy too complicated, and why I asked the question in the first place, and why I mentioned KISS earlier, AKA, K-eep I-t S-imple S-tupid.

Please go back and look over what has been posted to-date:

a) This speaker is designed to accept *UP TO THREE* separate outputs in the same speaker.
b) Those outputs, typically are Channels A, B, & Center. Or, Right, Left & Center.
c) You *DO NOT* have to drive all three voice-coils.
d) You should *NOT* run the voice-coils in Series or Parallel.
e) You may need some sort of crossover system from your A & B & C outputs I do not know what sort of speakers you have, or their impedance. Hence the term "May".
f) It !! DOES NOT !! require 70 watts to drive it. That rating is for the maximum average power over a specified range of frequencies over a specified time. Were you to run 70 watts into that device continuously, it would burn up. Don't understand? How long can you hold onto a (lit) 60-watt incandescent light bulb without damage? That speaker will make plenty of noise on as little as 2 or 3 watts.

Essentially, you have a sub-woofer designed to accept input from Channels A, B, & Center from the receiver detailed below.

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-7-1-Cha.../dp/B001BKND5W

You need to find a way to provide mid & tweet to your main speakers for channels A, B & Center. That is your ONLY task here. This may involve some sort of crossover, or some sort of careful wiring of your existing speakers. Please note the impedance range on the Denon, and do not go outside those nominal ratings.

It seems to me that you are expending a great deal of effort to use a marginal far device outside of its design parameters.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA