Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Saved by the Zoom H2n

Mxsmanic wrote:

NTFS supports journals, but I assume it must be more complex to implement than
most vendors would like. Also, I suppose that FAT32 is probably understood by
way more non-Windows operating systems than NTFS. Other journalling file
systems tend to be even more exotic and are thus even more problematic to
support.

NTFS is totally undocumented. Everyone outside Microsoft who has implemented
NTFS has done so through reverse-engineering the filesystem format.

The quality and performance of the reverse-engineering continues to improve
but none of the third-party NTFS implementations are anywhere near up to
the level that I would trust a job with. ntfs3g is getting there fast, though.