Arny Krueger

Default Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction???

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"dave weil" wrote in message

snip

Indeed. History says that it was a fine idea, a few noisy
technophobes and revisionists notwithstanding.

And a few million cancer victims as well...

Tell that to the tobacco companies.

Ummm... I don't think the atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki
carried a 'Nuclear Bomb May Cause Lung Cancer If You Are Not Already
Incinerated' warning.

Agreed, but any modern war carries an implicit "You may die a horrible
death, whether you are civilian or soldier" warning.

Then again, I don't think the fine denizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
elected for the bomb out of their own volition. Incidentally, the
tobacco companies don't force you to smoke, in case you didn't notice.

I did notice. If your country's politics look like they are going haywire,
there are often times where it is feasible to become an exile. IOW get the
heck out, even if it means losing just about everything. Certainly a true
fact for my grandparents who were exiles from Russia and Germany ca. WWI.
Also true for numerous Jews in Germany and nearby countries ca. WWII.

Comparing cigarettes to the A-bomb is not only reprehensible and
ludicrous, it is also belittling all those who suffered and died.

It's not belittling at all to recognize the fact that war is hell, whether
your country wins or loses. Every citizen of a country at war has moral
responsibility for the acts of his country. If you don't like what your
country does, it is generally feasible to leave, sometimes at a high price,
but it's still feasible to leave. If you stay and die a horrible death, that
is how life works. If you leave you may die a horrible death, anyway. There
is no promise that life is a rose garden.