thelizman

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

Steve Grauman wrote:

I've been trying to stay out of this argument. My technical knowledge is
admittedly limited, and I feared I would be chewed up and spit out by the "big
boys" around. But the digital vs. analog debate has been around for sometime,
and I think any reasonable person with a reasonable amount of knowledge would
conclude that while both have advantages, digital maintains more of them than
does analog.

To me, the primary advantage of digital audio formats is that the media
does not degrade. My CD will sound the same 10,000 playbacks from now as
it did the first day I bought it. The quality shortcomings of CDA are so
insignificant that most people don't know they exist, and I'm rarely
bothered with them.

That is, of course, unless you badly scratch the CD and atmosphere is
allowed to get to the myler layer in the middle. Then its good for about
10 years.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.