Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Hello and help

geoff the blind ****head wrote:

------------------------------

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs.

** Irrelevant.

Two with a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture*
say 1.6A, which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?

FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??

Right next to the 100-240V spec ??

With a 100VAC supply ( in Japan ) the rms amps is 1.6A at full load.

Allow for a PF of 0.5 = 80 watts input to a 65W psu.

Spot ****ing on.

Given all this lack of concise information,

** " 100% compatible will all the original features including over current and voltage protection " is precise.

Concise is the wrong term.

LOL

...... Phil