Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Hello and help

On 12/11/2019 4:54 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
geoff wrote:
------------

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs. Two with
a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture* say 1.6A,
which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

Given all this lack of concise information, and only general claims
which would appear somewhere from rather vague to demonstrably
incorrect, I would not be confident that the DC plug would have the
correct diameter pin either.

Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

** Be a safer bet than any cheap substitute.

The cheapies may have no overvoltage protection ( not usually part of the published spec) like a hefty zener across the output.

Might save the unit from destruction one day.

Yeah.

geoff