Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

On 04/11/2019 02:05, Brassplyer wrote:

I'm making an observation - they're obviously actually singing and playing, the VU meter is moving. Could be they're recording even if it's not what's being heard on the playback.

Or, the meter is showing the signal that is being played back for the
group to mime to.

Or the tape is playing back, and that's the level on the tape, and
what's happening in the studio has nothing to do with the tape running.

As I said earlier, this clip has all the hallmarks of a promotional
video, or, as has been said, part of a documentary.

Either way, what is being played is not what is heard on the soundtrack.
The mic positions are way off, and Mary's voice doesn't vary in level as
she moves. It was probably shot using a single camera on 16mm or, just
possibly, 35mm film.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.