Cyrus

"Tim Martin" wrote:

The Behringer EP1500 is a sound reinforcement amplifier, and presumably has
a fan in it. You should listen to it in your room with no signal before
buying, as you may find the fan noise irritating..

Behringer have just announced a new amplifier with no fan, the A500, list
price 240 dollars. It's not as powerful as the EP1500 - 500 watts bridged
into 8 ohms rather than 800.

Is EQ is a good idea for a single subwoofer? In my albeit limited
experience, LF sound intensity varies markedly as you move your head short
distances, due to room characteristics. You can't EQ that away, so it's not
clear that with a single subwoofer you can make the sound better with EQ
unless you stick to a single mall listening position.

I concur, in untreated rooms there tends to be a very small sweet spot.
Or as sweet as one can get in an untreated room that is.

Multiple subwoofers are another matter, as their room effects tend to smooth
each other out.

Even if placed next to each other? Or better yet, in the same
enclosure/manifold?

I'm thinking if spaced apart, multiple subs may be a problem.

Tim Martin

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*