Cyrus

In article .com,
"still learning" wrote:

They give measurements for stereo and for mono that are for 10db below
rated output power @ 8ohms of 900 watts with distortion of .01% so I
think there'll be plenty of power for any sub currently available.

I'm not doubting that they're enough power one bit. Just saying don't
accept printed specs as gospel.

Have you any dealings with the Behringer and it's noise level from the
fan?

In the installation the Behringer amp was in that I experienced, it was
never quiet enough to notice it. A home setting is where its been
reported to be a problem. IMO If one chooses to purchase, know its
downfalls and install around said problems.

Cult of the Infinitely Baffled has more info on PA amps, their fan noise
ratings in some cases, as well as other options and quieter fan
replacements on some amps. There are of course other resources, but the
Cult has the most condensed info in this department.

IB's have no interest for me, unless I get up into the attic. Perhaps
after the disk decompression heals, although mysingle Shiva is
currently filling my needs.

Ugh sorry to hear about the disk troubles.

An IB is well worth the effort IMO. Whether ceiling or adjacent room
mounted. I've had experience with one and helped set up another. I was
hooked before proper eq.

My Shiva did well until it was replaced with an Atlas12. No more
bottoming in the 88.5L sealed enclosure.

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*