tubesforall

Velleman (www.velleman.be) makes a very inexpensive dual scope and signal
generator controlled by a PC that will do the job. See PC-500.

"Rich Sherman" wrote in message
Hi the

Can you guys help me to create a test bench setup in order to perform
measurements for
amplifier frequency response (-3dB bandwidth).

In other words what test equipment do I need to test and generate a
Amplitude vs. Frequency
plot of a given amplifier. Yet it sounds expensive to me.

Does one 'sweep' an amplifier from 20Hz to 20KHz to obtain an amplitude
response curve with an Audio Sweep Generator?

Or does one test the amplifier at selected frequencies and then
generate a table of data points of Frequency vs. Amplitude?

Maybe a PC solution exists for such an interface on the market today.

I would like to plot the frequency response of my home-brew amps
and also rebuilt classics.

If it's a manual thing then some ideas on how to go about calibrating the
input levels
and measuring the gain and output levels would be helpful.

My test gear at the moment is an EICO Audio Sine Wave Signal Generator, an
40 MHz
Dual Trace Oscilloscope and also a Stabilock Model 4032 RF Communications
Analyzer.
Plus the usual Volt-Ohm meters, power test resistors and small coaxial BNC
Cables, etc.

Thanks,

Rich Sherman