Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default PreSonus 1810 audio interface.

Right, why do you want that? You should be able to set the input gains
manually, so you don't care about that. And you should be able to feed
the converter outputs straight into your DAW application, so you don't
care about being able to make premixes.

I see what you're saying. I have all the routing and mixing I need
in the DAW software. I guess it goes back to Mike's point about
zero latency monitoring. Let's say a buddy and I are recording two
tracks. If the interface mixer is done correctly, I'd have no problem
making us each an individual phones mix of both of our inputs without making
the trip through the computer.