Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default PreSonus 1810 audio interface.

In article , Tobiah wrote:
Also "mixer" - why would you want a mixer, 'cos you are unlikely to
want to do anything outside of the software application ? The 1810
has all the inputs and outputs you need.

Not a physical mixer. I'm talking about the software panel. The card
I have gives a tab for every output. On each is a level for every
software and hardware input. I've had units in the past that were
crippled in this respect.

Right, why do you want that? You should be able to set the input gains
manually, so you don't care about that. And you should be able to feed
the converter outputs straight into your DAW application, so you don't
care about being able to make premixes.

So this "mixer" is just another layer of software to go wrong.

Now, if you -cannot- set input gains manually, then maybe you need an
application that does that... but that gives me the willies.