Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mastering TOO Loud

One of my favorite (1970) songs by Tyrone Davis. Seems the actual master tape was discovered, hence the longer (previously unpublished) fade. I'm GUESSING this was supposed to be the ALBUM version. I mean, if you remixed, why fade so soon? Sadly, like KMA dude even doesn't like, I believe, some brick-walling of sound (waveform damage). I knew I could add some valued key frequencies, re-size max. amplitude, and away went the brick-wall waveform look. Marvelous! Sadly, the RMS value was already way too high, and I added to it! So, I had to tone it down a lot! Sort of like I had to do with Bob Ludwig's "mastering". Clowns.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andsoftime.mp3

Jack