TheBIessedDead

Default Clean Power?

What I have found with so called cheap amps such as Profile, Jensen and
Pyramid is that you have to crank the hell out of them to get deep bass.

Where
more costly amps such as Orion, Kicker, PPI and MTX seem to produce deeper
bass at lower volume levels. I also found that these cheaper amps seem to

run
a lot hotter. The only reason for this that I can think of is an

inadequate
power supply.

Exactly. That's what I'm saying, but Zarella says that all amps are created
equal with the same power supplies. I just don't know what to say, I'm
actually at a loss for words here. I can't believe that someone could be
that stupid and still be able to operate a computer and log on to the
usenet. I'm just baffled.

Its pretty easy to figure out that a Zapco amp that claims 500 watts, and will
actually put out 500 watts, will be able to drive a subwoofer easier than a
Pyramid amp that "claims" 500 watts but in reality doesn't touch that. I don't
think anyone is denying that fact.

The point that the others was making I think is that all things being equal,
500 true watts from a Zapco will sound no better to the human ear than 500 true
watts from a Pyramid.

I'm not sure why that is such a hard concept to understand.

I bet the commision based sales people at your local car audio store get quite
excited when you walk into their store.

Nick