Pug Fugley

Default Clean Power?

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message

Far superior amplification. Better sound quality, better reliability.

Reliability maybe, sound quality? I bet if you didnt drive them into

clipping
you would not hear the difference. In fact under many tests I have seen
performed the measurable differences were below the threshold of human

hearing.

It seems that you feel that a $49 1000w amp will perform exactly like a
$1500 1000 amp...why? Please explain. What kind of amps do you have? I'll
bet you don't run Dual/Jensen/Pyramid amps do you?

Watts are irrelevent to the discussion of sound quality. An 50 watt amp

will
sound the same as a 1000 watt amp if they are both kept withing thier

operating
range, ie no audible clipping.

Yeah, but that's not the argument. The concensus here is that a Sparkomatic
or Rocktron amp sounds and performs every bit as good as any Zapco, Brax,
PPI, Xtant or anything else. I disagree. If it were even remotely true,
everyone would just go to Auto Zone or WalMart to buy $49 Sparkomatic amps
and there would be no car audio stores.