Pug Fugley

Default Clean Power?

I think 'clean power' would be more of a product of a high quality amp, not
so much from an install. In other words, an amp that amplifies the signal
without a lot of distortion and extra crap. Zapco and Xtant are good
examples of ultra clean amplifiers.

"Dylan X" wrote in message
m...
When referring to amplifiers the favorite catch-phrase of audiophiles
seems to be "clean power". As an ignorant novice I would like to know
what is meant by "clean power" and how do I achieve it. Also, I once
heard something about voltage matching an amplifier with a head unit
but if I set my amp to 4v (same as the preouts on my head unit) I can
barely hear my subs. Do I need to add a bigger amp to get the benefit
of voltage matching? Will this theoretically provide "cleaner power"?