Scott Gardner

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:08:41 +0100, "Christopher O'Callaghan"
wrote:

I checked the fuses, switched them and with an multimeter; They're good...
Just seems to be that one channel; can it be that a soldering joint as gone
within the amp? cause the amp is powering up and one side of the 2 channels
is working?? maybe the power just isn't reaching the output for some reason?
The amp is an Audiobahn 4601T I'll let you's decide if its a good amp or
not..
I think it could also be the input terminal to the amp? Maybe within the
amp, a wore loose again? I Dunno. I live in Ireland, bought the amp from the
states so doubt my warranty will be good over here; Roughly how much would I
be looking at for a repair??

Well, you've exhausted all of the easy/obvious stuff, so it's probably
time to take it to a shop if you'd like to keep the amp. Expect them
to charge you $50-75 to diagnose it, but they'll usually deduct that
amount off of your bill if you have it fixed.

I'm not familiar with that particular amp, other than having read the
spec sheet and the owner's manual, but Audiobahn is a pretty
well-respected brand. I'd at least have it checked out. If it's
going to be less than $100 to have it fixed, I'd have it fixed if it
were my amp.

Of course, if you've been looking to upgrade to a different amp, this
might be the perfect opportunity.

--
Scott Gardner

"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which failed to start because of the following error: The operation completed successfully." (Windows NT Server v3.51)