Christopher O'Callaghan

I checked the fuses, switched them and with an multimeter; They're good...
Just seems to be that one channel; can it be that a soldering joint as gone
within the amp? cause the amp is powering up and one side of the 2 channels
is working?? maybe the power just isn't reaching the output for some reason?
The amp is an Audiobahn 4601T I'll let you's decide if its a good amp or
not..
I think it could also be the input terminal to the amp? Maybe within the
amp, a wore loose again? I Dunno. I live in Ireland, bought the amp from the
states so doubt my warranty will be good over here; Roughly how much would I
be looking at for a repair??

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:02:56 +0100, "Christopher O'Callaghan"
wrote:

My car has no ac position; So the radio doesn't need the key turned or
even
in to turn on!!! I put the radio in and switched it on as I was sending a
text before starting my car; Well, the main thing I wanna know is, is my
amp
beyond repair?
"MZ" wrote in message
.i got stickers all on my dash says danger high voltage dont touch
stereo.lol

Sounds like a classy ride.

If your stereo is wired so that the key doesn't have to be in the
ignition to power the stereo, then you can get voltage spikes and
drops to your amplifier if you start the car with the stereo and
amplifier turned on. I'm not saying that's what caused the problem,
but all else being equal, there's a reason that factory stereos are
interlocked so that they momentarily turn off while the engine's being
started.

Did you ever pull the fuse from the bad channel and replace it or test
it with a meter? I've had fuses blow that still looked "good" until I
examined them very closely. At the very least, swap the two fuses and
see if the problem moves to the other channel.
--
Scott Gardner

"A billion hours ago, human life appeared on earth. A billion minutes ago,
Christianity emerged. A billion Coca Colas ago was yesterday morning. "
(from a Coca-Cola report)