Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Hugedifference? No?

On 6/08/2018 9:45 AM, geoff wrote:
On 6/08/2018 12:08 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 05/08/2018 12:10, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/5/2018 3:22 AM, John Williamson wrote:
I've always been one of those that plays the record once, while
recording it on to the best tape or digital medium I have available.

I'm too old to have done that. When I first started buying records, I
didn't have a tape recorder. And my record playing system was far
better than the tape recorders I could afford when I could finally
add one to my system. Today, I have no compelling reason to buy a
phonograph record.

Nor do I, but my local Tesco superstore has just started stocking a
(very) limited range of vinyl.

As most of what is there is classic rock titles, IĀ* would hope they've
not suffered any remastering other than making new stampers. I'll
still be listening to the CD versions, though.

Or one can make a digital recording of the LP, and have a CD version
that faithfully documents all the limitations and flaws that the
enthusiasts find to beĀ* supposedly 'superior to digital'.

geoff

Oh yeah, and have the speakers going at full listening level when
recording, in order to capture any physical excitation of the
transcription chain that may contribute to 'The Sound Of Vinyl'.

geoff