Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Jan 28, 2:37=A0pm, ScottW wrote:
On Jan 28, 9:07=3DA0am, Scott wrote:

In the real world of audio my Forsell/Koetsu/ARC/Soundlabs with my
collection of LPs walks away from your Sansa Clip+ and Altec-Lansing
IEMs If one is looking for an illusion of live music in their
playback.

=A0Only in placement of the image to be in front of you

No, not only imaging.

which you
obviously require for the illusion to be complete.

Absolutely.

=A0Many people can be quite satisfied with the illusion headphones (or
IEMs) can create.

Sure, so what?

=A0Not too mention that they are typically more
revealing with better FR, imaging resolution, and noise level than
speakers.

"Imaging resolution?" "noise level?"

I am looking for that. I am all about the aesthetic
experience. That is why I spend the extra money on the stuff I have.

=A0That's fine. It's your subjective preference and that's all that
matters to you.
Someone else may prefer the Sansa and as far as I can tell, you have
no meaningful basis for rejecting their preference.

I am not rejecting their preference. I am simply stating the fact that
it is too far removed from an illusion of live acoustic music to allow
meaningful evaluations of things such as mastering in so far as they
convey an illusion of live acoustic music in playback.

Your preference alone does not define the "real world of audio".

Never said it did. But I am quite certain that my preferences favor an
objectively better illusion of live acoustic music than what one gets
from Arny's Sansa Clip+ and Altec-Lansing IEMs