Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Where Can We Register Our Complaints About Loudening Existing CDs?

ChrisCoaster wrote:

On Feb 18, 3:01 am, (hank alrich) wrote:
ChrisCoaster wrote:

You have, in the above words, described me to a 'T'!
Good to meet you; How are you today?

So then you have to ask, "Which control room?" And how to get your
listening room to match?

--

________________
Same goes for you Hank - I don't need a controlled studio environment

-CC

Chris, for chrissakes, when I go to the mastering session we don't crush
the **** right out of the music. I'm in the trenches with this sutff and
working to offer music that does not suffer from the abuse that you're
soapboxing about.

Did you just start listening to music? This loudness crap has been an
issue since before CD's showed up in the first place.

And to be clear here, I'm not the one who said I expected to hear it
just like it sounded in the control room and the main cause of that is
that I have been in a lot of control rooms. That was the basis for my
comment. Some desires are realistic, potentially attainable. That one is
not _unless you can make your listening space match the very control
room in which the master mix was created_. Short of that you're ****ed
on that one, and you might as well realize it before you fall off the
soapbox.

I went to turnmeup within a few days of it coming into existence. Where
you been?

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri