Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Where Can We Register Our Complaints About Loudening Existing CDs?

On Feb 16, 8:01*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/15/2012 10:19 PM, ChrisCoaster wrote:

Who do we write to, the record labels, the owners/copyright holders of
the works?

You don't write to anyone. You stop buying records.

Oh, wait a minute . . . you don't buy records, you borrow
them from the library. So I guess there's nothing you can do.

Well, maybe you can change the music you listen to, or the
way you listen to music. Go to some concerts, but not
concerts of the artists producing "too loud" CDs, go to
shows by your local artists playing in small venues without
huge sound systems. Then you can talk to your friends about
some of the music you're hearing that they're missing out on.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

__________________
There's nothing wrong with the fact that I am fan of a lot of so-
called mainstream stuff. A lot of *older* mainstream stuff! (Boston,
Beatles, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Rush, Run DMC, Diana Ross,
Beethoven, Liszt) ok not all of that is mainstream, but I want to hear
it again, as close to first pressing as possible! Those CDs are still
out there - mainly in peoples homes, or at the library or the local
Goodwill.

I have been in plenty of venues where live music is offered, and have
heard from reasonably good to pretty bad. On the bad end, it's just
too LOUD(outdoors at Veterans Park, so to speak). On the good end I
can hear the lyrics above the music(think coffee shop acoustic). I
know I can't get that on vinyl, CD or MP3. I just want the best those
formats can offer. I've always said if you feed a format right it can
sound great.

-CC