Scott Gardner

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:21:24 GMT, EFFENDI
wrote:

MZ wrote:

With the 100 bucks I would spend on a cap, I'd rather buy a new higher

power

alternator.

Just my 2 cents.

...which may or may not be more effective in the light dimming department
than the cap.

Agreed. I thought I would need a cap for my system but ended up being
able to get a new alt and double the amperage for less than the
'reccomended' size cap i would 'have' to buy.

EFFENDI

I guess a lot of it depends on your car, too. For my car, $100 won't
even buy a stock-replacement 60A alternator. $120 will get you an 85A
aftermarket replacement, but that's as high as it goes unless you get
into custom brackets and the like.

Scott Gardner