Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

PStamler wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:06:28 PM UTC-5, James Price
wrote:
I think there's a presumption by many that the more expensive a
monitor is, the more honest and neutral it is. In your opinion, is
that true?

As an aside, I assume more neutral doesn't equate to more pleasing,
as honesty isn't necessarily flattering.

I'd say no. More expensive can mean higher maximum output levels
rather than greater neutrality, and that's a legitimate goal in
certain applications.

Peace, Paul Stamler

I'd take Eminence as the present-day archetypical driver company,
and from what I have seen, the higher power they are, the less sensitive
they are. Seems like an adaptation to Class D power.

I don't know what more expensive means in terms of monitors.

--
Les Cargill