Posted to rec.audio.car
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Head unit cutting out, prob. simple solution... HELP ;)

Hi Matt,

A poor ground or power connection can cause such a problem.

Tim

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Sony head unit (CDX-MP70) RMS 23x4 Peak 52x4. I have it hooked
up to 4 Infinity Kappa 62.5i 6.5 speakers. When I turn up the volume
maybe a little less than half way or more on the head unit the unit cuts
out/shuts off, then in about 5 seconds it pops back on and continues
playing, but will cut out again if I don't lower the volume. From what I
understand the head unit should handle the speakers no problem. Can
anyone shed some light on what might be the problem? The head unit (in
the back) does get warm-hot but not real hot to the touch. No water
damage or other phsyical damage has been done.

Thanks for any info.

-Matt